We all know L.A. We see the city in movies, hear songs about it, we participate in the crazy nightlife with the actors and we think that there is no more we can learn about this thrilling city. A few days, or even a holiday in L.A will be extremely entertaining and there are some cool facts you might like to know in advance.
- The original name of the city was “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de la Porciuncula” but it changed because it was to difficult to remember.
- LA has, on average, 325 days of sunshine a year so you shouldn’t worry about rain disturbing your holiday.
- LA is the only city in USA that hosted The Olympics twice.
- Around the same area you can surf, swim, and ski. The unique area offers diverse scenery so you can’t get bored.
- If you love bikes, it has more than 475 miles of bicycle paths.
- In this city, at every corner you will find an artist. There are more artists, actors, musicians, dancers and writers than in any other city in the world.
- The L.A Times won 39 Pulizer Prizes and from 1923 to 2005, 22 Nobel Prizes winners came from L.A
- L.A is the birthplace for the Barbie Doll and Mickey Mouse.
- If you need cosmetic surgery you should know that there are 157 board certified plastic surgeons.
You can check the most amazing accommodation in LA at JW Marriott Los Angeles.